Wednesday, April 23, 2008

no, i am not crazy... let me explain...

Dear readers of the previous two posts,

Ya'll are prolly thinking, what the h-e-double hockey sticks is she talking about?

Well, those two posts are essentially criticisms of Scientology, and really any institutionalized dogmatic thinking that makes false promises.

Scientology, in my opinion, is an especially dangerous breed of cult. It is dangerous because it offers cures to people living with mental health problems. Unfortunately, the cures that Scientology offers are costly to access, and due to the secrecy surrounding the activities of the cult, it is impossible to substantiate the claims that the 'cures' actually do anything besides rob vulnerable people of their hard earned cash.

Scientology, in my opinion, preys upon the vulnerable; those living with mental illness, and those looking for quick access to a better life.

I think the people who are a part of this cult are participating in and endorsing a mass delusion. And for those who think mass delusions are impossible, go do a little research on the subject, and you may come to see that such events are much more than a theoretical possibility.

With Scientology the saying, 'He went in normal, and came out crazy,' is truly applicable.

A concerned informant,
O.

4 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

What little I know of it makes me totally agree.As I recall when Prozac first came out they did everything possible including false and miss leading stories to discredit it and Tom Cruise ranting about Psychiatry removed me from his fan list.

Occupant (aka Olivia) said...

uniquenurse,

Agreed, Tommy Cruise is obscene, and when he speaks, his words reflect profound ignorance!

I'm a dedicated boycotter of his movies.

O.
PS. His momma needs to slap some sense into him. :0

Hyla said...

LMAO! Thank you! I am passing this on!

Occupant (aka Olivia) said...

hyla,

I laughed too while writing it! Yay!

I'm glad you had fun reading my posts. I will try to make you laugh again in the future.

O.