I was reading this blog the other day, and I came across this interesting list of 100 things you have/have not done.
It's possible that this little list will help you get to know me a little more, if you are interested. Feel free to copy the list yourself, and post it on your own blog.
The things I've done have been put in bold type. I've added a few comments to some of the items.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars - yeah... that was c-c-cooold!
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - I'd love to do this, but it's hard to squeeze blood from a stone!
7. Been to Disney World - Sad to say, no. And now that I'm grown up, I don't care to go!
8. Climbed a mountain - Yeah, I wheezed my way up a mountain, tyvm!
9. Held a praying mantis - I have touched my friend's praying mantis tattoo... does that count?
10. Sang a solo - Sad to say, yes. I cannot sing. Will never, ever do this again.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - Over Lake Superior! So pretty!!!!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child - Furkids count right?
16. Had food poisoning - Ugh.
17. Walked to the top of the CN tower
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight22. Hitch hiked - Hell no!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Yes, but this was before they created "mental health days."
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon - Not interested!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse - When I was a kid... it was so cool!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - Toured the Mekong... does that count?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - Kind of tacky with the lights and whatnot.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - Well, I tried. Sort of.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke - Norbang anyone?
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Errr... See number 6.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing - Fishing in Gawas Bay?
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - I have been on a TV program...
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - Yes! TaiChi! The art of Warrior Relaxation!
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited a gravesite where people from the Titannic are buried
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Great White North - I'm dying to go to Northern Canada!!!
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - Surprisingly, no.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - Yeah, with no helmet! When in Rome, but never again!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - I'm working on this one as we speak.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car - People can afford cars nowadays?
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - My dad did, and I watched. That one counts, right?
88. Had chickenpox - I say yes, my mom says no. It's an ongoing argument.
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - Define famous, but yes, I suppose I have.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one - Not yet, cross my fingers!
94. Had a baby - Not yet, cross my fingers and toes with a double cross!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Dead Sea
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Lots of Love,